What's new? (Home)
Search this site
Official Twp. Site
Index to Gov't Info
The early days
Surplus & Needs
About this site
People are saying..
Established June 2, 1997
by citizens for citizens
March 16, 1998
Website of the Week
Daily Local News
August 13, 1997
A beautiful part of southeastern Pennsylvania
Fans of the World Series Champion Philadelphia Phillies
PA. Turnpike Commission Slip Ramp at PA Route 29
Open House Meeting at GVHS
(February 25, 1999 Open House)
The following was a hand-out at the meeting as well as a prominently displayed poster.
Question: Why is this project important to the Great Valley area?
- Reduces existing safety concerns at the Valley Forge Interchange by removing vehicles in the toll plaza queue from the high-speed, mainline through-traffic.
- Aids in congestion relief at existing Turnpike interchanges and the local connecting roadways.
- These ramps, under Turnpike and State Police guidance, could be used to clear the Turnpike during specific emergency events. Also, emergency vehicles and personnel could obtain unobstructed access to incidents on the highway.
- Roadway improvements to Route 29 and nearby intersections will ease existing congestion and accommodate traffic redistributions.
- Provides the opportunity for commuters and residents in the area to obtain better access to the Turnpike, thereby reducing the commute time.
- Saves fuel and overall vehicle miles traveled.
- Reduces travel time for commuters currently using the Valley Forge Interchange and Route 202.
- Could divert traffic from Route 202, easing Route 202 congestion.
- Provides alternative access for commuters traveling to and from the Valley Forge area to the Route 202/Great Valley Corporate Corridor.
Home Site Overview
Site development, maintenance and funding by Township resident Jacob D. Merriwether.
Hosting by PLH Worldgroup Communications, Inc.