What's new? (Home)
Search this site
Official Twp. Site
Index to Gov't Info
The early days
Surplus & Needs
About this site
People are saying..
Established June 2, 1997
by citizens for citizens
March 16, 1998
Website of the Week
Daily Local News
August 13, 1997
A beautiful part of southeastern Pennsylvania
Fans of the World Series Champion Philadelphia Phillies
11/02-03/99 Electric Outages Reported
After lengthy power outages for many residents of Charlestown on election day and the following day, I asked visitors to this site to report their experiences, including their location, hours without electricity and number of people in the home during the outage. I also asked those who did not lose power (other than intermittent) to also report where they live.
13 residents reported outages and 8 reported no outage on November 2 and 3, 1999. Many who reported outages included comments on their experience and some expressed their irritation with the frequency and length of such outages. I have summarized the information, including a map with very rough designation of the zones in which outages were reported, and the zones in which reports indicated power was not out. There are three pages summarizing the reports, plus a page with a larger image of the map. Many thanks to those who responded to the request for reports.
I want to thank the folks who included very complementary comments about this web site. I have not included those comments in the excerpts, but I want the authors to know they were very much appreciated.
- List of reported outages and no-outages
- This is a simple list showing the streets from which outages were reported, the length of the outages and the number of people affected in the home.
- Township Map with Outage and No-Outage Zones
- I have hand-drawn zones which appear to be consistent with the reported outages and non-outages. See the "qualifications" at the top of the map page.
- Excerpts from the comments on the outage
- Many of the emailed reports included comments on the experiences of residents who lost power. I have excerpted these reports, but left out the identity of the residents and their particular street addresses.
Home Site Overview
Site development, maintenance and funding by Township resident Jacob D. Merriwether.
Hosting by PLH Worldgroup Communications, Inc.