What's new? (Home)
Search this site
Official Twp. Site
Index to Gov't Info
The early days
Surplus & Needs
About this site
People are saying..
Established June 2, 1997
by citizens for citizens
March 16, 1998
Website of the Week
Daily Local News
August 13, 1997
A beautiful part of southeastern Pennsylvania
Fans of the World Series Champion Philadelphia Phillies
Brightside Farm Community Garden
This photo album will document activities at the 2004 Community Garden located at the Township's Brightside Farm on Yellow Springs Road. In 2004 the garden is being extended from 12 to 24 plots, essentially by doubling the length of the 2003 garden.
2004 Photo Album
These photos are in small slide show albums. The image changes every 7 seconds and thumbnails allow you to jump to any image.
- Plowing the 2004 Extension (4 photos)
- This series of four photos show area farmer Newell Burdick plowing the area for the extension to the garden on March 15, 2004. The night after plowing, we had a snow storm followed by more snow and rain in the following two weeks.
- Disking the 2004 Extension (4 photos)
- The plowed ground did not dry out enough for Newell to disk it until March 29, 2004.
- Fencing the new extension and a final discing. (6 photos)
- Between April 8 and April 19 (with a week of rain in between), Newell Burdick and Jacob Merriwether got the new fence erected, complete with gates. Before the Merriwether's layed out the twelve new plots in the extension, Newell gave the area one last discing.
- Garden Veges and Flowers in August. (20 photos)
- A glimps of some of the vegetables and flowers grown by the gardeners this year as seen on August 3, 2004.
- Community Garden Home Page
- This link returns you to the BSF Community Garden home page.
Home Site Overview
Site development, maintenance and funding by Township resident Jacob D. Merriwether.
Hosting by PLH Worldgroup Communications, Inc.