What's new? (Home)
Search this site
Official Twp. Site
Index to Gov't Info
The early days
Surplus & Needs
About this site
People are saying..
Established June 2, 1997
by citizens for citizens
March 16, 1998
Website of the Week
Daily Local News
August 13, 1997
A beautiful part of southeastern Pennsylvania
Fans of the World Series Champion Philadelphia Phillies
Photo Album: Pickering Bridge Replacement
The "Ice Dam Bridge" of State Road (Route 29) over the Pickering Creek in Charlestown Township was closed for replacement on October 29, 2001. Less than eight months later, and three months ahead of schedule, the new bridge opened on June 13, 2002.
During the latter stages of construction and the ribbon cutting ceremonies, we have posted several sets of photographs depicting progress on the new bridge. Use the links below to view these photos.
- March 9, 2002 (7 photos on 2 pages)
- Photos after foundation and support span poured but prior to pouring the new road bed and well before completion of stone work.
- May 10, 2002 (4 photos on 1 page)
- Barrett's Tree Service removing some trees from the remaining walls of the old Ice Dam adjacent to the new bridge. Photos by Kevin Kuhn.
- May 26, 2002 (3 photos on 1 page)
- Photos of the completed bridge except for final stone work on sides and beneath.
- June 13, 2002 (5 photos on 1 page)
- Photos of the Ribbon Cutting Ceremony to open the bridge to traffic three months early. This page includes a table of some comparative statistics and descriptive material relating to the new and old bridge.
Home Site Overview
Site development, maintenance and funding by Township resident Jacob D. Merriwether.
Hosting by PLH Worldgroup Communications, Inc.