What's new? (Home)
Search this site
Official Twp. Site
Index to Gov't Info
The early days
Surplus & Needs
About this site
People are saying..
Established June 2, 1997
by citizens for citizens
March 16, 1998
Website of the Week
Daily Local News
August 13, 1997
A beautiful part of southeastern Pennsylvania
Fans of the World Series Champion Philadelphia Phillies
THE BOOT FAIR - FLEA MARKET IS BACK!
Produced by the GVMS PTO, benefitting the Great Valley School District.
At the Great Valley Middle School
Saturday May 12, 2001, Rain or Shine
10 AM - 2 PM
Our English friends call the trunk of a car the Boot, and their equivalent to an American garage sale or flea market is a "Boot Fair". They pile their wares into the boot (trunk) of their car with a folding table & chair; rent a parking spot at the local Boot Fair & sell all their unwanted stuff. Stephanie Corby, a GVMS parent with English roots, launched the first GVMS Boot Fair last year with great success. This year at the new building & shared campus we are expanding the event to include a Student Market, Community Market, PTO Market, and the Great Valley Café. We have something for everyone, so be sure to mark your calendars & come be part of the fun!
To Register, and for more info: Tel: 610 695-8354 or visit the school's web site at http://www.gvsd.org/gvms/
- The Boot Sale - $10.00/parking Space
- Located in the upper parking lot between the HS & MS, closed to thru traffic. Space is limited & assigned on a first come basis. Set-up between 8 - 10am, (no one can drive into sale area past 9:30am.) Upon arrival, check-in, you will be directed to your assigned space. Renters must bring their own tables and/or display pieces, the more creative the better. Hint: if you have a lot of "stuff" consider reserving two spaces.
- The Community Market(e.g. Avon/Tuppaware/Crafts/Antiques) - $25.00 per Market Space
- High School Clubs & Boosters, including Car Wash, Plant sales, Krispy Kreme Donuts, Flushing Booth - Located in the GVMS courtyard & along the sidewalk between the HS & MS (in front of stadium), and closed to thru traffic. We invite community retailers, merchants, crafts people, & artisans to reserve space (Mothers Day shoppers will be plentiful) in this market area by filling out the reservation form below. Contact Karen Havrilla (610-296-4125, firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions.
- PTO Market Will include -
- "Kids Stuff" Flea Market/Photo Buttons/Used Books/Bake Sale - Massage Therapist (just what Mom needs!), and by popular demand a "Kids Stuff" Flea Market filled with donated outgrown kids stuff like: Sporting Goods - equipment, ski gear, cleats, bikes, etc, Clothes (nothing stained or torn), Videos & Video Games, Toys - box games, Legos, Knex, puzzles, Baby & Youth Furniture & Accessories. This is an opportunity for anyone unable or uninterested in having their own boot-sale, to pass on (get rid of) such items, knowing the proceeds will enhance educational & extracurricular activities in the GVSD. This area continues to grow. To donate items or for more information contact Ellen Jordan (610-2519610, email@example.com) or Natalie Cooper (610-933-2809, njc@rtcooper).
- Student Market
- All Great Valley student clubs, athletic teams, programs or organizations and parent booster organizations, are invited to reserve space (free of charge) for fund raising or promotion. The MS student council is selling roses & Krispy Kream donuts, the HS Student Council is running a car wash, and the Positive ID Club is selling middle school merchandise on behalf of "Great Valley All Night Prom". The more participation, the better! Be creative; consider setting up a game or fun activity. Any group interested in running a "Flushing Booth" (same idea as a dunking booth only water is flushed from a tank positioned above the victim when the target is struck), contact Ron Swiegart (610-644-6440, firstname.lastname@example.org). For more information or to reserve space contact Jane Trimble (610-889-1918 ext. 1921, email@example.com) or SusanneCarr (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Great Valley Café
- The MS dining room will be transformed to a café serving up a variety of refreshments to be enjoyed either indoors or al fresco in the beautiful new courtyard. Coffee/tea, juices, a variety of cold soft drinks and both breakfast (for those early birds who will be setting up) and lunch will be available (menus yet undetermined.) For more information or to join the Cafe Committee, contact Chairperson, Liz LaGreca (610-933-7133, elagreca gvsd.org).
Home Site Overview
Site development, maintenance and funding by Township resident Jacob D. Merriwether.
Hosting by PLH Worldgroup Communications, Inc.