What's new? (Home)
Search this site
Official Twp. Site
Index to Gov't Info
The early days
Surplus & Needs
About this site
People are saying..
Established June 2, 1997
by citizens for citizens
March 16, 1998
Website of the Week
Daily Local News
August 13, 1997
A beautiful part of southeastern Pennsylvania
Fans of the World Series Champion Philadelphia Phillies
Charlestown Community Picnic,
Get to know your neighbors by coming to the Charlestown Community Picnic and Art Show at Brightside Farm and the Wisner-Rapp House on Yellow Springs Road.
Art Show and Nature Center Program
|Date: ||June 25, 2005
(Canceled if raining.)
If the event is canceled, a notice will be posted on the home page of http://www.charlestown.org by 3 pm.)
|Time: ||4 to 8 pm
|Place: ||Brightside Farm and Wisner-Rapp House
- Charlestown Twp. Map with location of Brightside Farm and directions from various areas of Charlestown.
- Diagram of the Farm and Rapp House showing picnic area, parking areas and trails. (Now updated to show locations of the Art Show, cooking Grills and toilets.)
- 4:00 Picnic Begins at Brightside Farm - (See diagram)
- 4:00 to 7:00 Charlestown Art Show, Games, Trail-Walking, Tour the Community Garden
- 4:00 to 5:30 Pony Rides, Badminton, Volley Ball, Special Charlestown Twp. BINGO game, Water Balloons, etc.
- 5:30 to 6:30 Picnic Supper (see below)
- 6:30 to 7:00 Hike to Rapp House - Nature Treasure Hunt for Children. (Bring Bird Book and Binoculars for additional fun.)
- 7:00 to 7:30 Great Valley Nature Center will present a program at the Wisner-Rapp House about the Lenape Indians who lived here in Charlestown Township.
- 7:30 to 8:00 The Wisner-Rapp house first floor Open House Tour
Please R.S.V.P.: email@example.com, Subject: "Picnic". Please indicate the number who will attend in your party.
- Please bring your own picnic supper, as well as chairs or a blanket.
- One or more grills will be fired up if you would like to cook your own food
- Many tables will be provided for dining, mostly in the shade
- NO ALCOHOL
Charlestown Art Show at the Picnic
All Charlestown Artists are welcome to display and sell their art work.
(No commission will be charged.)
Please Register your Art by June 20 -
Please e-mail Brightside@charlestown.org by June 20, 2005.
Subject: "Artwork" and include the following info about your art work.
For each piece please provide -
PRICE OR "NFS"
NUMBER OF PIECES AND MEDIUM.
Organized by Charlestown Historical Society
- Bring matted and sleeved art work to the Brightside Farm by 2PM on June 25, 2005.
- Children are welcome to display their art work of Charlestown Township scenes or buildings.
- If you have questions about the Charlestown Art Show, please call Mable Hanscom at (610) 827-7722
Saturday - June 25, 2005 - Come One, Come All
Home Site Overview
Site development, maintenance and funding by Township resident Jacob D. Merriwether.
Hosting by PLH Worldgroup Communications, Inc.